Monday, February 11, 2008

Blog? What blog?

Although it seems impossible, from where and when I sit, by Thursday I will be back in Brooklyn. I miss Brooklyn. And New York. We have had a wonderful time here at the southern tip, and we'll be back, but I miss my black cat, my friends, my tiny winter terrace. Soon I'll be sorting through manymany pictures taken here and will be posting about our travels: flowers, mountain passes, stalker-birds, floods, and fishes.

Two days ago we watched a thunderstorn break over the Karoo town of Prince Albert, from the top of the Swartberg Pass after a day of 4 x 4 driving over bumpy roads into a place called The Hell. As an eagle hung high above us on the rain-perfumed air, the wind from the storm below brought us the smell of the Karoo responding to the huge warm drops washing through the yellow pompoms of the acacia trees. I'm not sure there was a better place to be, or with a better person than Vince.

5 comments:

  1. From the noise, pollution and filth of Kolkata (despite all of this, a fascinating city nonetheless!) it is fantastic to be reminded of the pristine air of the Karoo. Safe journey home and very much looking forward to being reunited with Estorbo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe "some" people... I mean, traveling instead of writing a daily blog... where oh where are your priorities????

    The New Sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Well Well. So this is what has been a-happening. We are awash with kleenex with the romance of it all and our Brother's future happiness as part of a family. Congratulations to the golden couple and lots of love to the big blag cad. x
    The penguins as well..... we love penguins

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do you mean, you're not sure? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. H-h-h-uwi an' Trebor: Estorbo is gearing up for his first post in ages.

    Brigitte: Estorbo welcomes you as his new Aunt. Tia Breegeette?

    Lennie an' Sollie: gracias! (The now gargantuan) Estorbo has much on his plate, but little in his bowl, as of today. He is not speaking to me so I have no idea what exactly is on his mind. No doubt we will find out soon.

    Beence: well, we could have been snorkelling in the Knysna lagoon, or stuck on a cliff on Robberg, or listening to nesting birds in white proteas in Prince Alred's Pass - and as for other people, I was being universal: we must make allowances for the fact that others, elsewhere, may be very happy, too, and thinking they are with the best person in the best place...I hope they are, too. Because it's a very nice feeling :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.