Friday, March 27, 2009

The Kom

There are some quiet places in Cape Town that are half forgotten (hence, um...quiet).

Kommetjie might be famous for its surf breaks, but it is the glassy inner Kom that I find unusually peaceful and beautiful. Our friends the Friedmans live here and whenever I see this view, and walk out to the serene little bay with its one boat bobbing, I feel that the place is perfect. Otters are still seen here. Kreef fishermen push off from the shore. Flocks of seabirds wheel and return to roost. And small children paddle, nets in hand, in the gentle water.

These aloes are the same, I think, as the one I photographed in Paternoster - Aloe distans. I'll wait for someone to tell me different.

2 comments:

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.