Saturday, August 22, 2009

Pink

The mid-August flush of Abraham Darby. The rose that never let me down.

Sunset reflected in the east. The clouds last night were spectacular, and we climbed onto the roof later. I have more pictures, and Vince took a mere 111...but he says they are not perfect.

There was a rooftop party on a neighbouring roof terrace on Congress Street, and I envied them. How I have learned to love rooves. It's a whole other life, determined entirely by perspective.

The 2003 blackout taught me that, even though I had been making roof gardens for a couple of years by then. I wish there were pictures. But that was before I had a digital camera. Maybe I can unearth the story I wrote for the Cape Argus...it's a good one, about fear and fire and friends.

2 comments:

  1. Who could not love Mr. Darby!You should see the size he attains in Australia-gargantuan, yet still lovely.

    And some street art, not far from your 'hood, I think.I like it when people care.


    http://vhmckenzie.blogspot.com/2009/08/art-on-street.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love Mr. Darby though I don't have him growing in my garden because I've run out of room!

    The skyline photo is beautiful, like a celebration. My daughter is moving back to the NYC from Dublin this winter. She's not a gardener and thus doesn't want a terrace/fire escape but she does need a place with view of the sky!How can anyone live without seeing the sun at some point in its travels?

    Molie from CT

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.