Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Trimming on the edge

Standing on the Tribeca terrace that is in the process of being turned into a garden, I was admiring some neighbouring rooftops when I looked to the left and saw a speck, trimming a boxwood hedge on one of 'our' other rooftops.

I waved at the speck, the speck saluted with a whirring hedge trimmer.

It was our gardener R, who in his previous life was a very successful Broadway producer. Then he saw the light and turned, like so many of us, to plants.

I have lived in this city for ten years and still get excited when I see someone gardening on the edge...

4 comments:

  1. I love seeing and reading about these gardens. But I wonder, could I cope if I had one? I tend more towards "rampant jungle" than clipped box!

    (Estorbo has an email message for you.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is so cool! I live in a villa in the UAE desert. Gardening is hard work! You have to water the garden daily or everything would die in a week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. seeing a fellow gardener on another rooftop -- one that marie knows no less - is a bit like the "reason to dog ear a page," isn't it?

    a compelling speck on a page here, a kindred speck on a rooftop there

    lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.