Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Watermelon gazpacho

Hot enough for ya??? Channeling Frances McDormand in Fargo. I wish. Snow. I nearly melted in the subway this evening. New York is sweltering. Send ice.

It's so hot I'm making, as we speak...pizza. Delirium, clearly.

But before the pizza, comes chilled watermelon soup.

1 part peeled cucumber to 4 parts watermelon, plus a healthy chunk of red onion. Half a jalapeno is what makes this special. Add fresh basil, salt, pepper and a slurp of red wine vinegar, and whizz. Chill to within an inch of its life.

7 comments:

  1. gorgeous! i bet that was wonderfully cooling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm. I made a white peach gazpacho on Monday which was tasty, but didn't photograph so well for the blawg. Yours looks and sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dit was, Jabulani...

    Karen, need to splash it behind the ears, I think.

    QC, it was. The chile helped too.

    Hey Jenn, thanks, and yum! What else went into the white peach? Lime juice, mint???? You've just reminded me about cold cherry soup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good, but too chilly to eat in a British summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like what I needed this past weekend. Instead, I left town, via bus, for Maine. Now on a lake and I guess rubbing it in.

    It should cool down soon. Go to the beach for the big waves (Hurricane Bill) on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.