Monday, February 20, 2012

March in February in flowers


We are a little ahead of schedule here in New York City.  The Pacific Street cammelia has been in bloom, to the best of my knowledge, since December. It usually flowers in March.


Hellebores in Chinatown. March. *

Actually, untrue: I just looked through my image archives and found that hellebores were blooming in February last year. Perhaps we just like to think that everything is upside down.


Flowering quince in Congress Street. The one of the infamous April blossom heist. March.

I better get out there. You snooze, you lose.

1 comment:

  1. This weather is crazy, I noticed that daffolfils were starting to come up a couple weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.