Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Martha Stewart Living and 66 Square Feet


At last I may spill the beans: The all-gardening March edition of Martha Stewart Living Magazine, edited by gardening director Stephen Orr, is on newsstands now and in it you will find 66 Square Feet! I feel very lucky.

And having just arrived Stateside I still look forward to getting my paws on a copy.

Photographer Juliana Sohn shot the images, perched calmly on a tall ladder on the roof (and while she worked I learned that her mother is an experienced - and secretive -  forager). Stephen, below left, directed the proceedings and Estorbo, Vince and I tried not to get in the way unless we were asked to pose. Feta was drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with crushed thyme (hmm, I'm getting hungry, jet lag makes me want lunch now. Why did I not bring the Koringberg olives back with me? Stupid.), pickled wild garlic was tasted and served,  and serviceberry cocktails were poured - they may have been sipped, too. And if this wasn't all exciting enough, I believe they will be featured in a new iPad and iPhone cocktail app.


If anyone was amazed that a tall Frenchman and South African and a long cat could all live in this tiny space, no one said so.

And perhaps that is part of the point?

Food, flowers, friends. That is the recipe. They can all be mixed in a very small bowl.

Serve to anyone willing to be pleased.



You can buy this second all-gardening edition of Martha Stewart Living on newsstands, or purchase a digital edition for iPads online.

26 comments:

  1. *SQUEE!* Oh sorry, I lost my sang froid for a moment. How exciting! I'm heading out today to track down a copy. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home, Marie! The photograph of the three of you in Martha Stewart Living is a delight -- something we never get to see when you're behind the camera, and you all look as though you're enjoying it! Definitely a keeper. Best wishes to you and your men!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got my copy of Martha Stewart Living featuring your 66 Square Feet last week and that's how I discovered your most delightful and wonderful blog. Your posts and pictures are so deliciously inspiring, I'm raring for Spring to come!!! Your blog is a pleasure to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! Well deserved!! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited! Both this blog and that mag are must reading for me - hooray! Congratulations for being just so darned interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Marie! Isn't something to have several paid people fawning over your creations. I think so.

    Ps the link gave me a 404 with Martha's face on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Looking forward to the magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats.

    First a terrace in NY, now the states!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the article Marie, and welcome back to Brooklyn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So proud of, and happy for, you and the boys. Glad you are home safely. Hope the weather isn't too awful in NYC until you are re-acclimated.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superduper. A pretty grand welcome home too, I'd imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, Welcome Home, Marie!!! I can hardly wait to get out of the shop to buy a copy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome home and congratulations, Marie!

    Keli'i

    ReplyDelete
  14. Martha's gardening issue is made more wonderful by your feature. So great to see inspiring blogs highlighted!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! I don't remember how I found your wonderful blog but have been reading your posts daily for a very long time. I am very happy for you. Keep up the great writing - I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done you! And of course welcome home :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So happy for your Marie!- this will be the first time I buy a Martha Stewart Living.
    Hope we can get it here? x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you very much, everyone. South Africans - sadly, I don't think the magazine is sold in SA :-(

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats! Double congrats actually, I see you're on the cover for Fern Richardson's book too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Marie, I found you through the Martha Stewart Living piece and was enchanted! I also have a 'bitty' garden in New Orleans. Yours has inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Marie, Just found u thru Martha's Garden Issue and I'm your new BFF! I love it. I also, have a 'bitty' garden in New Orleans. You have inspired me. Keep up the good work- and play!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just got to your article today in "Living"! I was SO impressed that I looked you up today. I will return!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow!!! Makes me love living in Brooklyn all the more...congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Big Congrats!!! I just noticed your spread as I was flipping through the issue...I actually felt very excited because I have a link to your blog on my blog (igardendaily.com) and I've had it there since the day I started. Last year when I decided to start a garden blog I came across yours and knew it was great! I've had your blog at the top of my blogroll for almost a year now so somehow after seeing the MS feature, I felt good about myself for noticing your wonderful talents of writing and photography! Good things spread good feelings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello! I love your rooftop garden and look forward to exploring it and the other areas of your blog. I always said that if I lived in the city I would have a rooftop garden. We are neighbors of sorts, I live in southern New Jersey and garden as well. Looking forward to your future posts.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.