Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Crops in Pots Class



Spring will come!

I'll be giving an illustrated talk called Crops in Pots at the New York Botanic Garden, on April 20th.


Since my internal clock is wired to the growing seasons, I begin with spring crops and move through to the end of the year, covering the plants I think do best in containers, based on my own experience in full sun (Brooklyn) and what amounts to semi-shade (Harlem!). We talk about what, and how, along with common problems...

And bring your questions, too, as there will be plenty of time for Q & A.




5 comments:

  1. I wish I lived in New York so I could join you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie in Portland, OregonFebruary 3, 2015 at 6:04 PM

    Me too! Although our lot is about 1/2 acre, I end up growing most vegetables and flowers in pots, boxes and two cow troughs, since our yard is so shady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could come too! We only have patio space in our new home so all my crops have to be in pots. Since our move, basically I've just grown herbs, but I'm looking forward to growing more this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count me in the (rapidly growing) crowd of 'wish we were there' readers . . .
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I were there too - maybe you can do an encore for the Constantia Valley G/C when you are here ?

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.